Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Things I Love

I overslept and missed both opportunities to attend WW on Saturday, which is why there's no weigh-in post.  I haven't done very well for the last week or so, but I'll get back on track.

I think a secondary purpose of this blog will be to bitch incoherently about stuff that I can't talk about other places.  The sheeplike religiosity of many of my current acquaintances, as well as many of the people in my lovely little state (and it really is; too bad there's so much poverty, ignorance, and flat-out craziness), for example.  Grad school hasn't begun kicking my ass yet, so here's some more grumbles while I have the time and mental stamina to write them down.

Things I Love Find Somewhat Irritating:

1.  People who give flippant or irrelevant responses to serious questions or statements.  My roommate does this.  She also:

2.  Leaves lights on when she's not using them.
3.  Leaves the sink full of dishes for hours, if not days.  I'm not talking about a plate or two and some silverware (I do that sometimes, but I try not to make it a habit, and I at least rinse stuff off if I know it's going to be sitting for a while).  I'm talking about baking sheets, breadmaker-innards, pots, bowls with ingredients of various types crusted inside them, etc.  She also leaves food sitting out for hours (if not days).  This would be nothing more than a minor annoyance, except that it attracts roaches.  YUCK.
4.  Rarely feels compelled to check the mail.  This, along with taking out the trash, seems to have become primarly a duty for AF to perform.  I don't know why.  It's not like the mailboxes are located right inside the primary entrance to the apartment building, or something ridiculously convenient like that.

Huh.  That was shorter than I thought it'd be.

Well, I feel better.  That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment